iPhone Success with Apple Pay!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by uwdude, Oct 20, 2014.

1. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Jul 16, 2014
    I went to McDonalds tonight with my iPhone 6 Plus, and tried Apple Pay. Just for information, I have a Chase Visa debit card linked to a checking account.

When I ordered, I had the phone asleep- screen completely dark. When she announced the total, I said, "Ok, let's give this a try." I laid my finger on top of the home button ( did not push the button), and held the phone an inch or so over the payment terminal. From the dark screen a check mark appeared, and a slight tone sounded. I asked the clerk if the transaction went through, and she said yes.

That's it! Worked the first time. I didn't have to wake up the phone, I didn't have to open any app, I didn't have to enter any PIN number, I didn't even have to look at the payment terminal screen. It just worked, exactly like in the Apple video. I am amazed and awed! Good job Apple!!
  2. Solver macrumors 6502a

Jan 6, 2004
    Cupertino, CA
    Easy and secure

Do you have your receipt stored on the phone?
    Can you copy it to another app or to an outside source?
  3. Killchain macrumors member

Jan 15, 2013
    I haven't used Apple Pay yet, but I'm curious on a receipt you get. Is it like Walmart's savings catcher, It has a actual cashiers receipt. Does Apple Pay do that?
  4. Fzang macrumors 65816

Jun 15, 2013
    Wow! Can't wait until this feature hits me in a year or five! :rolleyes:

5. uwdude thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 16, 2014
    Actually the cashier did offer me the paper receipt ( it does print out), and stupid me declined to take it. I should have gotten a look at it to see if it said anything different than normal.

In Passbook under the card I used it lists "recent transactions" and shows that I used it in Odessa, FL and the amount listed. I can't find where it links to an actual picture of a receipt though. Is there supposed to be one?
  6. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

Jul 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I saved the receipts from Apple Pay, and instead of showing the last four digits of your card, it shows the last four of your device account#. That is the only difference, the rest of the receipt is a normal receipt.