Successful Order T-Shirt

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mark Booth, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

If you've managed to be persistent enough, or lucky enough, to actually succeed in placing an iPhone 4 pre-order, this T-shirt is for you! :D

Mark

Edit: NO, I'm not selling them! Just a bit of levity for the day! :)

Attached Files:

2. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

So, nobody else feels like they earned some sort of shirt (like above) today?

It was an epic battle of the credit card-wielding consumer against the giant corporations! Everyone that was successful should wear their "win" on their chest! :)

Mark

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

It's a funny shirt, I'll give you that
    but only 2 people I know would get it, and everyone else would make fun of me to no end for wearing it...I'm already "the guy who called a macbook pro sexy", im in enough of a hole already
    haha

4. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

I agree, MacBook pros are sexy.

5. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I'm the only Apple geek in my crowd so no one would get it either. It is pretty funny though. You should make that your avatar here!

6. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I ordered mine on AT&T.com at 5:30AM CST. No problems at all.

7. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

I had not received my E-mail confirmation for my order through the Apple Store dot com so I just called up and waiting on hold to talk to a rep. The very nice young lady assured me that my order was good, that my credit card payment/authorization had been approved, and that the system was really bogged down and some E-mail confirmations might take up to 24 hours.

While we chatted, she said that she has not had the ability to manual input a pre-order for the entire day. The system was simply too loaded down with traffic. She further told me that I got lucky when I decided to place my order between 5:30am and 6:30am (pacific) because that was a period with the least server problems during the day. I explained to her that I had actually started trying at 1am, gave up at 2:30am, got some sleep, and then tried again at 6:15am (which went through on the first try).

At any rate, I feel like I earned such a shirt and, if I was going to an Apple Store to pick up my iPhone 4, I'd definitely wear the shirt to the store that day! :)

Mark

8. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I survived, I was doing the ordering like 20 times trying to get the order through and finally at 7 this morning and got my conformation email like 5 min ago

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Guess they'd have to make one that says I didn't survive.. cause I never got through online.

Had to just go to AT&T and they were able to do my pre-order within minutes.

10. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

The pale, skinny body isn't really helping the geekiness of this ;)

11. mathieuheartmac macrumors member

The shirt should say, "I tried ordering a white iPhone 4 but all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

12. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

That's a different shirt thread! :D

I'm seriously thinking of having one of the above shirts made for my personal use. We've got places in the mall that make these while you wait. I think it would be a hoot. Granted, not everyone would "get it". But there are thousands of people who would. :)

Mark

13. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

14. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

i'd wear that shirt, even if a lot of my friends didnt get it. Plus then if you ever went anywhere in public im sure somebody would mention it and you'd get some attention. It's a good conversation starter lol.

I find the shirt to be pretty funny.

15. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

I think the shirt would be successful if we could pre-order it for June 24th... wait...