Successfully Deactivating/Clearing An Iphone To Resell It?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kutikayla, Sep 5, 2008.

1. kutikayla macrumors newbie

Hi Guys :)
    I'm planning on switching to a blackberry pearl, its on its way to me. Now I switched to AT&T to get the iPhone so I never had another SIM card before. My question is, what must I do to successfully deactivate it so another person can activate it without any problems? I know I can restore the phone back to factory settings in itunes but what else? I really don't want anything to go wrong. Please any help I will be so grateful! Thanks!
    -Kayla

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Kayla, I have couple reasons to hate you. One for the annoying font color, two that you are looking for tips on an iPhone forum to get rid of iPhone for Blackberry.

3. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings

After that restore, take the sim card out and you should be good (from the replies I have seen in other threads like this)

4. kutikayla thread starter macrumors newbie

cocoapuffs, sorry my "font" that is cute pink annoys you..

kyeris how do i take my sim card out of the iphone?? sorry if i sound dumb. :confused: and if i buy my blackberry will it come with a new sim card?

5. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

Your AT&T Pearl will come with a SIM Card. You don't have to use it.

You may want to download PocketMac and install it in advance of getting your Pearl, because it requires a restart. And if you're using the 8120, download the driver update.

Other than that, when you receive your pearl, plug it in and PocketMac will sync it with your iCal and Address Book.

6. mcflirty99 macrumors member

7. kutikayla thread starter macrumors newbie

haha pink is cute!

Thank you smartindiankid you've been really helpful :)