Successfully preordered iPad 3 for In-Store pickup.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gregruns, Mar 7, 2012.

1. gregruns macrumors member

I just successfully preordered an iPad 3 to be picked up at my Apple store on March 16th. No confirmation email yet, but at least I was able to order it, just a couple hours before, it kept saying "not eligible" when I tried to preorder for in-store pick up.

Has anyone else been successful in preordering for in-store pick up on March 16th?

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Yes - OKC OK

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Not sure why people are picking up in store. You're still going to be standing in a line for hours hooping you can get one.

4. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Yes, I just preordered for pickup at the NYC Fifth Avenue store.

5. MortalDays macrumors regular

Me neither. I think shipping is best. You can get it in the comfort of your own home. So much easier.

But again, the enthusiasm is great when lining up for it. :D

6. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

Because I don't trust Fedex or UPS anymore.

The last time I ordered my iPhone 4s, Fedex gave it to my neighbor without my permission when I was not at home. Luckily my neighbor was honest and kind. I never trust Fedex with my delivery anymore, ever!!!

7. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

Was there really a need for another thread on this?

8. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I just posted this in another thread.

Several reasons:

1. I live in an apartment complex with an unattended lobby, and I don't want people stealing a $500 iPad since I won't be home to sign for it.
    2. I will be working and won't be able to be at home all day to sign for it.
    3. I can go and pick it up at my own convenience at the 24 hour Fifth Avenue store.

9. maclook macrumors 65816

Yeah, getting packages in NYC sucks if you don't have a doorman. Chances are you're right next to an Apple Store anyways.

10. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Does anyone know the procedure for pickup on launch day? Will we have to stand in line with everyone else, or since we already preordered, can we go to a different line and pickup our items we already paid for? I've never preordered a product from Apple before, I've only stood in line on launch day.

11. travistaylor macrumors regular

I did this as well because no one will be at home until 2:30pm that day. Don't want to risk leaving a note for them to leave the box.

Are pick-up orders guaranteed that day or are they still first come first serve??? This is a huge question. I would assume that if my order was pick-up for the 16th, I would have until COB that day to pick it up. Does anyone know?!

12. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Did you receive your order confirmation email? How long does that take? I haven't received it yet.

13. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I haven't received mine yet either. I just got off the phone with the NYC Fifth Avenue store and they weren't even sure of the launch date procedure in terms of picking up preorders. :confused:

I also tried calling 1-800-MY-APPLE, and it disconnected me due to an "extremely high volume of calls". I also can't get a hold of a live chat agent anymore. :(

14. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I've read in another thread that it took 45 minutes for some while others 3-4 hours. Let's just wait and see. How long has it been since you ordered?

15. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Two hours now... what about you?

16. Dylatron2000 macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

I ordered mine online, (for at-home delivery, mind you) around 6pm and I still haven't gotten an email confirmation...

I guess I kind of did, since I went in about twenty minutes ago and added a gift note to myself :p and that sent me a confirmation email.

But overall, I was surprised I didn't hear anything (still haven't really!)

17. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

About an hour ago.

18. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

So in store pickups will have priority over the guys standing in line?:(

19. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

For the people questioning why you would reserve an iPad for in-store pickup on launch day... I would think that the benefit would be that... you are reserving an iPad for in-store pickup on launch day... isn't that benefit enough? Doesn't that prevent you from having to get in line early if you have one reserved?

Or does Apple not honor reservations?

20. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

I hope they bloody dont. Im always in line early to get one.
    Will that fail this time?:O

21. SunnyDay24 macrumors newbie

Well if they don't, then me reserving it had absolutely no point and they wouldn't offer it as an option. :eek: I mean, it's logical, right? Remember some stores don't offer pick-ups though, so you might not need to worry.

Currently my offer is "processing," though I haven't received an email yet. It's absolutely vital that I'm able to get it at a reasonable amount of time before 7:15 PM the 16th though -- I need to be at the airport to go to London! So I'm really worried, because I'm in a serious time crunch. I'd die of happiness it they allowed you to pick it up at midnight the 16th (though I highly doubt it), because I pre-ordered for pick-up from the 5th Ave NYC store which is open 24/7!

22. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

I don't know why Apple would want to eliminate the 'waiting in line' spectacle, it seems to be good pr for them. Maybe... they're letting whoever is in line first get one, and still honoring the reservations, so there is a little more sanity to the process.

I'm a little surprised that, 13 hours later, NONE of the models of iPads have sold out. People have been saying its because people aren't buying, but I think its more likely that they just made a crap load of these things to saturate the market as soon as possible... which will be very upsetting for people who buy 4 thinking they are going to re-sell them for a profit...

Maybe Apple came prepared this time?!

23. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Real simple - we are at the tail end of UPS deliver route - may get an 11:00 PM delivery if we are lucky - have to wait around all day to sign.

When our iPhone 4S arrived it looked like it had been used as a hockey puck. The items shipped to the store are bulk shipped and in PRISTINE condition.

24. LadyX, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Please tell me when you receive your confirmation email. I'd like to know how long it takes since you ordered just an hour before me :)

25. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

This is what it says on the Apple site now... with the link...