Sucessfully reserved! BUT......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billy3785, Jun 15, 2010.

1. billy3785 macrumors regular

billy3785

I feel like its weird that I wouldnt enter my name! I mean I guess they have my number and last 4, but i still think that once i got through all the bugs, the process was a little too easy...

PLUS it didnt give me any discount pricing.

ALSO.... it says to bring your social security number, does that mean i need the card? or just to know it?

2. billy3785 thread starter macrumors regular

billy3785

?

3. sillyrabbit137 macrumors newbie

why are people reserving when the pricing is wrong?? seems like a grave mistake that will just cause more problems.. i dont think there is a first come first serve clause when ordering online.

you will all have to line up on launch day regardless... then its first come first serve

4. billy3785 thread starter macrumors regular

billy3785

not if there is a preorder line and a walk in line as there have been in the past.

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

/this

6. sillyrabbit137 macrumors newbie

there will be a preorder line this time, i guarantee it

7. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

What is going on? You're not complaining they didn't have white, I don't know the meaning of this thread!

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Last time at my local store, pre-orders got in first. I was out of there at 7.10 AM.

9. sillyrabbit137 macrumors newbie

well i just think preorders this time around will be the more popular choice, i dont think apple offered it before.. att did i think. so it just means there will be a longer preorder line this time is what im trying to say. also having the incorrect price reserved might make the whole process a bit longer.

10. billy3785 thread starter macrumors regular

billy3785

lol dont quite care about that. just got my email tho so im happy.

but still wondering...do i need my social security card?! i didnt last time for my 3G, but just walked in at that point like 2 weeks after they came out, and im buying it at the same apple store

11. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Finally succeeded a reservation. I wouldn't be totally relaxed till I get the confirmation email though. I logged in with Apple ID just like I did with iPad reservation.

I'm sure there will be a long line for reserved people just like the iPad launch. It was like 10 to 20 people from reservation line get in then 1 from non-reserve line.

12. billy3785 thread starter macrumors regular

billy3785

lol at that point may as well hop into the other line.

took me about 15 minutes to get the email

13. sillyrabbit137 macrumors newbie

the social is probably just your last 4 digits.. att needs it for phone changes i guess