Such a things as Free EDGE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djearlybird, Oct 15, 2007.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

I have read a few postings in other forums of people getting a free EDGE connection for their iPhones. I am on t-mobile prepaid, and getting an Internet plan is not possible unless you are on a post-paid plan. Anyone getting free EDGE, if so, how? Thanks! :apple:

2. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

3. Lartymarf macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

extremely

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Nothing is free :) I know i used to tether my old sprint phone to my MBP using a hack in the service menu, it wouldnt charge you any extra for using it. Sprint solved that with a update on all the newer versions.

On an off topic do you have to be on edge to get that Wirelessly posted thing? I posted a few times using my wifi connection and none of my messages had the "wirelessly posted" message as a footer.

Ed

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That comes from using the mobile version of the forum (http://forums.macrumors.com/wap/ I think :confused: )

6. Geffen macrumors 6502

Edge isn't free its $20 a month in addition to what voice plan you select when activating through iTunes.

7. Not-a-cliche macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/522.11.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.3 Safari/522.12.1)

In that case haha I just fooled the world.

8. alljunks macrumors regular

9. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

10. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

Free WiFi is free at the free WiFi hotspots around the world. I think the OP was asking if there was something similar with EDGE. It's not such a bad question, but I do believe the answer is still a resounding "No".

11. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. No I am not crazy, I just asked a question that I didn't know an answer to, I sure wish I knew it all like some of you. However some of us don't have all the answers in life, that's why we ask questions, geeesh!