Sudden battery drain on iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psha85, Oct 15, 2014.

1. psha85 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I use this app during the night called Sleep Cycle. Normally, if I start out with a fully charged phone, I'll wake up in the morning (after about 8 hours using the app) and see the battery is at 79% or so. However, yesterday night after I had just charged my phone to 100%, I woke up this morning and the battery was at 48%!! I looked in the usage panel and it showed the usage time as 8 hours, and standby time as 8 hours 18 minutes. And it showed that the app used 56% of battery.

I have no idea what happened as I've been using this for a long time and it's been fine. Even on my old iPhone 5, I would wake up with around 60-65% if starting out fully charged.

I restarted the phone by holding down the sleep and home button until seeing Apple logo. The battery percentage remained the same but now the usage times are gone which is odd. So far, using the phone this morning, it's gone down a fairly normal amount and doesn't seem to be draining unusually fast.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this with a particular app and, if so, how did you fix it? Should I reinstall the app or drain my phone's battery? I did this when I got the iPhone 6 in September (after about a week of use) but maybe I need to do it again?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Pooja

2. bnekic, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014