Sudden battery drain, really bad

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by white4s, Nov 8, 2012.

1. white4s Suspended

20% in 5 hours standby while i'm sleeping. absolutely no clue where this came from, been running fine since the 6.0.1 update. anyone else experiencing something like this? i was ok with the 4 hours of battery usage prior but when i have to charge twice a day, i lose my patience. thanks

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...not the answer but why not start off the day with a fully charged iPhone and only have to charge once during the day by charging overnight?

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Check your Status Bar...

Is the location services icon showing? If so, there's your problem.

Are you on Edge or have less than half your cell bars showing? If so, there's your problem.

4. white4s thread starter Suspended

i do and by the time i get home from work at 430 it needs a charge

----------

nope i dont have anything really turned on for locations, its set up the same as when i bought it a year ago

----------

and i've noticed the usage since last charge does not reset anymore

5. sohaloh macrumors regular

I had a small bug similiar to this. Can you check your diagnostics & usage. General > About > Diagnostics & Usage. See if you have many stacks_blah_blah.plist. I had those errors and it drained my battery in one night. A hard reset fixed it.

6. white4s thread starter Suspended

i checked and i have 2 of those but i do hard resets once in a while anyway. you do mean the hold down lock and home button reset correct

7. white4s thread starter Suspended

well i went ahead and did a hard reset and so far after 2 cycles it seems to have the same life when i first bought it, kinda in shock.

now that i think about it this might have been the first hard reset since doing the 6.0.1 update so who knows

right now im at 5 hours usage with 38% left

8. Dan14 macrumors regular

I had this happen to me a few weeks ago. Overnight I lost 30% battery for no reason, but ever since its been fine. It wasn't until I checked my data allowance that apparently it'd downloaded a huge amount that night, what it was I still don't know, but check your allowance to see what sort of activity is going on. You may find something is backing up routinely at night...

9. sohaloh macrumors regular

It's good to know your problem got fixed. I encountered this bug soon after the 6.0.1 update. I think it had something to do with the wifi connecting and disconnecting over and over. But its okay now. I always check the diagnostic logs when somethings funny with the phone, find some pretty useful stuff in there. Peace.