Sudden battery drainage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aimeeinohio, Jun 23, 2011.

1. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

I have the iPhone 4 (Verizon), that I got in February. Normally I have to charge every other day, and that's even WITH playing games and using apps and stuff.

The last 2 days, I've had to charge it. I had it plugged in and charging al night Tuesday. Full battery in the morning. By 5 pm the thing was almost dead. I played some games while waiting for soccer start, so I really didn't get worried about it. Came home last night and plugged it in at 11pm. On the charger all night. Unplugged at 8:45 this morning, full battery. By NOON today, I have half a battery, and I didn't use the phone! I recieved one text. Thats it.

Any ideas?

2. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Are you using the iOS 5 beta? It has some strange sudden battery issues that I've experienced as well. When it's happened though, and this applies to all iOSes, best things to do are go in the multitasking tray and close out all open programs, then shut down and restart the phone. Generally if there's some wonky memory leak or something going on draining the battery, that'll fix it.

3. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Battery % is not linear so it could be that your battery will randomly drain to 20% really fast then take forever to drain all the way.

4. aimeeinohio thread starter macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

Hmm, I don't know what I'm using LOL.