Sudden change in touch screen behavior--missing/delayed key entries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eye.surgeon, Nov 21, 2007.

1. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

This past week I have noticed a new problem in that when I am texting someone or trying to make a call with the keyboard that my key entries will not be recognized despite repeated tapping, or they will be delayed such that the key entry appears after a few seconds. Also noted that sometimes I can't get the little edit bubble to appear when I am trying to change the text in a text message that I am typing.

This change seems to coincide with the recent software update but it may be a coincidence. I tried doing a restore but the problem still occurs intermittently. It's not consistent.

Any thoughts?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I thought this was just my phone doing the same thing... I made a joke today to my co-worker and said " I think I finally broke my touch screen"... also tapping on icons (weather, stocks, maps etc...) sometimes doesn't get a responce either, I've had to put my phone to sleep then turn it back on before the icons work, and a few times I've had to turn it off all the way before I got them to work.

also when I answer incoming calls my phone freezes when I slide to answer, it hangs up on the person calling me and my phone is left useless for 5-10 seconds

i'm running 1.1.2 un-hacked