Sudden inability to load certain websites

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Silva, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Silva macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I've googled this with a few relevant results but no actual solution as of yet.

I use firefox and have a Macbook Pro running leapord

Everything seemed fine until some point in the last week. I can't seem to access amazon at all unless I use one of the tactics below.... also my paypal isnt loading properly. These are the only sites I can seem to find that wont load as they should. I'm able to load amazon via a cached file and a random link (looked like an IP address with http:// preceeding it) but cannot continue to browse if I click any of the links on the homepage.

My Paypal loads but isnt loading all the elements.

I have attached pictures so you can see what happens.

I DID install a camtwist trial yesterday and I'm worried it may have brought something virus' like into my system, I scanned with Macscan but only found a few tracking cookies, after removing camtwist and the tracking cookies nothing has changed.

I do not have a time machine back up, is there a way to restore my mac to
    an earlier time?

I have also tried accessing the sites on safari and chrome with the same results.

I recently bought a mac pro and accessing the websites is absolutely fine on the new system.

Any goddamn ideas?

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There has never been a virus in the wild that runs on Mac OS X. The handful of trojans that exist can be easily avoided with some education and common sense and care in what software you install:
    How can you expect to restore, if you don't have a backup to restore from?

Try resetting your browser, clearing cache and cookies. Also check your DNS settings. Read the section "Why am I being redirected to other sites?" in the link above.

3. Silva thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks GGJ

I shall take a look.

Forgive my ignorance on the matter of Time Machines....

Best

4. Silva thread starter macrumors newbie

ok none of that worked.... I think I shall have to call apple care or tech support on the weekend... strange