Sudden Internet Problems When Closed and Reopened

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Lamecakes, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Lamecakes macrumors newbie

My family owns two MacBooks and an iMac. All of these computers share the same internet (a wireless Bell EWire modem (which probably doesn't tell you much...)). My MacBook and my father's iMac connect easily and have connected to the internet for as long as we have had these computers (a few years). The other MacBook has connected up until a few weeks ago (it is a year younger than my MacBook). A few weeks ago, when the MacBook was closed (put to sleep but not shut down) and reopened, the airport symbol would display a working airport and connection but when I clicked Safari, it would not connect. The only way to connect is to click Network Diagnostics -> Apple Airport -> Airport ->select our wireless internet -> enter password. As long as the password is entered, the computer will stay connected to the internet as long as it is not closed. Once closed and reopened though, one needs to go through all the same steps in order to connect.
    It has connected just fine for months and suddenly decided that it needed a password in order to connect now. All the other computers are connecting and working just fine.
    It is such a tedious thing that we never had to deal with before. Suggestions would be much appreciated!
    Thank you!

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Sounds like a bad airport card. Try it out at another location and see if you have problems there too.