Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justjax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Not sure whats happening, but I noticed at home yesterday I had wifi on my phone, but the signal strength was basically as low as it could be, i.e just a dot on the little WiFi indicator. Now normally at home its fine (signal wise), but I have had intermittement issues with the WiFi since I updated both the iPad to iOS6 and got the iPhone 5. Anyway, wrote it off as perhaps some issue that would just rectify itself but then I've come into work this morning and its doing the same here. In fact, it was showing no WiFi, but then I went in and selected the network and its connected (it normally auto connects) and I have just the dot in terms of WiFi signal again? Anyone else had similar issues?

PaulTokyo

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2012
Not sure whats happening, but I noticed at home yesterday I had wifi on my phone, but the signal strength was basically as low as it could be, i.e just a dot on the little WiFi indicator. Now normally at home its fine (signal wise), but I have had intermittement issues with the WiFi since I updated both the iPad to iOS6 and got the iPhone 5. Anyway, wrote it off as perhaps some issue that would just rectify itself but then I've come into work this morning and its doing the same here. In fact, it was showing no WiFi, but then I went in and selected the network and its connected (it normally auto connects) and I have just the dot in terms of WiFi signal again? Anyone else had similar issues?

reboot works for me when this happens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.