Sudden Lagging Graphics in OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sheepopo39, Jan 12, 2009.

1. sheepopo39 macrumors 6502

Just recently I've noticed that graphics on my macbook are starting to lag. For example Google Earth lags much more than it did before, pdf viewing is no longer smooth and lags when I scroll down or up and some other things.

Now I am wondering why this is happening, could it be my hard disk, my RAM (2.5gb), hard disk needs to have permissions repaired, etc

So does anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening

Thanks

p.s
    My Macbook is a Late 2006 revision C2D 2.0 GHZ, 2.5 gbs of ram, 80 gb hd

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hard drive free space?

If it is anemic it'll start slowing the machine down.

Also check a new user account to see if that experiences the same problem, since it can be a login item, driver, or preference mucking things up.

3. sheepopo39 thread starter macrumors 6502

For Space: hmm shouldn't be I've got 42.69 gbs free right now
    I'll try the new user account thing cause I could see that happening.

But what I'm wondering is that I really haven't made any big changes to my system except for adding a couple preferences and installing developer tools (Installed Last June). So if it is one of these how come it didn't happen before?

4. sheepopo39 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I just did the test with creating a new user account, and the lagging was pretty much the same with the affected things. Now one note with Google Earth was that the last time I used it was on Tiger about a year ago so yeah, you might want to take that into mind.

Edit: Here is a link to a PDF where I noticed lagging, http://belleisleregional.nbed.nb.ca/OctoberNewsletter2007.pdf