Sudden lose of contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jimmy83, Dec 14, 2009.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Was attempting to mail a tweet to a friend, in tweetie 2.0 started keying in letters for there address and it crashed tweetie.

Tried it again and noticed all my contacts had gone?! Tried a reboot and I've still got an empty contacts list, anyone suffered this before?

3G 3.1.2

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Select "Import SIM Contacts".

See if this gets your contacts back.

3. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

yeah this happened to me too! Only I tried to send an sms and had no contacts to send it to! I had to restore my iphone to get them back! Only when i plugged my phone in to itunes it made a new back up with the contacts gone, so I had to then find an old back up and restore using that and I got all them back.

4. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

Didn't have any contacts saved to my sim...tried it anyway and still an empty contact list :-(

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Contacts aren't saved to the sim, so I don't know why he even told you to do that.

Contacts are synced. So, what did you sync your contacts to? Just sync your phone and you'll get the contacts back.

6. Doesmon macrumors newbie

Disappearing contacts

30 min ago i was editing ( adding a new tel # ) to a contact and as I touched keyboard main screen appeared and when I looked in contacts again all were gone. What happened ?? Where have they gone ?? I practice "if it ain't broke - don't fix it " and have never synched this Apple product to my PC's ---Heeeelp !!

P.S. in last 24hrs i'm travelling in canada and just started using WiFi to to web browse - any connection ???

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try rebooting, because that doesn't make sense. Hold home button and power button until the phone turns off.

8. ksoze macrumors regular

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Do you have your contacts syncing via Google? I've had mine all clear out before, but after rebooting the phone and reloading the contacts app they download again.

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The cliche is not even apt, since backup is not a repair step but a preventive step. When your phone is broken is of course the best time to repair it, but when you've lost your data is precisely the wrong time to sync. Own your lack of foresight; don't try to pass it off onto the wisdom of the ages.

If your data doesn't show up on a reboot, then I would say it's lost -- and you've learned a hard lesson.

11. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I had this issue. It turned out to be an issue with mobileme syncing (spoke to someone at applestore about it)

what really peed me off was it happened right on the day my wife gave birth to my twin daughters. Really difficult to send texts and emails and MMS to friends when you dont have a note of their mobile numbers. I was so annoyed I complained to apple about it and they really didnt give much of a sh*t.

anyway that was my story.

12. Doesmon macrumors newbie

Still looking for missing contacts

TY for earlier input - had/have tried relevant solutions - no joy - the synch backup that I did have on a firends Mac back home in LA has been lost on a fried machine :-(( I do not think the contact files which I believe are called
    'contactssqllite.db' have disappeared from the flash drive - they just are not appearing - does anyone know an app or other route to look in IPhone FlashDrive and if so make a retrieval ??