Sudden motion sensor....too sensitive?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by remuk, Jun 2, 2010.

1. remuk macrumors newbie

Hello folks,

I wondered if anyone else has noticed the sudden motion sensor that parks the HDD head to be a bit too sensitive? Sometimes it feels like just touching my MacBook Pro when it's playing a video is enough to park the drive head and have playback stutter.

I know it's possible to disable the sudden motion sensor, but don't want to loose this sort of protection all together. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity?

My computer is a MacBook Pro Mid 2010 15" Core i7.

Thanks guys,

remuk

2. Sensamic macrumors 68030

3. Ardoptres macrumors regular

Wait, so that clicking sound that comes when I move my MBP, isn't a sign of the HDD failing soon? (i read that several places). It comes almost every time i move it.

4. remuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,

I guess it's somewhat reassuring to see others having similar issues. See here for how to disable the sudden motion sensor: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1934

Yeah, that's exactly what I hear; a clicking and then playback will stutter before resuming as normal pretty much whenever moving my computer. I don't think it's to do with drive failure at all, simply the sudden motion sensor being 'over' protective.

remuk

5. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Don't hold me back, This is my own hell
    Christbait, Slugbait, Rise and bring you down

ah sorry, that is what comes of having several windows open at once.

I meant to say I have picked up my MBP and waved it about and have never heard a clicking noise.