Sudden Signal Problems in Apartment

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ALittleDrive, Feb 1, 2011.

1. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

Hi,

I live in a high rise in Manhattan, UES, and have had perfect, stable reception in my apartment since August, 2010. Suddenly, beginning on January 10, 2011, a few weeks ago, my signal goes in and out, from 5 bars to "searching..." again and again, very rarely do I have a call that doesn't go straight to voicemail and many drop calls. Very strange. My wife's iPhone does the same.

We have a 3rd line, and I recently bought an old Moto Razr, put the sim card in and tested to see if the same problem happened with the Razr. It didn't. When the Iphone was "searching" the Razr had 5 bars.

I need some thoughts, help. I can't explain why this is happening. Thanks.

Interestingly enough, this started happening when the Verizon iPhone announcement came about. Actually, the same day it was announced that the Verizon execs were about to give announcement the next day. Very coincidental!

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Id move!

no really what kind of iPhone do you have? have you called At&t to see if they are having signal issues? if both of your iPhones are doing it then most likely its not the phones. something has happened to maybe block your signal or at&t is having issues.

3. ALittleDrive thread starter macrumors regular

Haha...I have the 4 and the wife has 3G, both have same problem. But, the razr works perfectly, no signal problem at all. So, it's definitely the iPhones. I tried a complete reset on iTunes, didn't help.