sudden strange behavior

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maigado, Apr 8, 2009.

1. maigado macrumors member

I turned off my year and a half old MBP (10.5.6) and went away for a few days. When I turned it back on, all of my login items were wiped out. Not erased from the HD, the list of login items in the Accounts settings were cleaned out. Lately, when I close Firefox, which always has multiple tabs open, I don't get the message box prompting me to save the tabs for reopening on the next session, warning me about closing multiple tabs, etc., even though the settings in Firefox prefs say that these things should happen. In Safari, I have Inquisitor installed. When I open it lately, I'm prompted to download an update. When I click the button to do so, nothing happens. I've since done it manually.

What might explain this behavior? I'm a "power user" and certainly didn't accidentally remove the list of login items. Firefox has a bunch of extensions, but I haven't change the configuration for months. Could be the latest Firefox update, I suppose. I'll check the Mozilla forums.

I bought the latest MacHeist package and installed some of that stuff. I've barely used it, though, and I'd hope that none of those things would affect my account settings.

Anyone seen this before?

2. MarsianMan macrumors member

In Firefox, there is an option to disable the warning of closing a window with multiple tabs and this also affects when you quit and want to save them. Check the settings in Firefox...I don't know about the other issues.