Sudden unexplained iTunes issue - some movie thumbnails not showing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cujimmy, Jul 27, 2010.

1. cujimmy macrumors member

I have my iTunes music etc. stored on my MBP, but movies are on an external HDD connected via Airport disk. When importing movies, I untick "Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library" and drag and drop them in - that way the location points to my external drive.

However, I imported a number of movies yesterday (in the same way I always have done) and whenever I open iTunes, the artwork of the newest movies is missing and an exclamation mark is next to them.

But when I click on it, the exclamation mark goes, the artwork reappears and the movie plays.

Quit and reopen iTunes and it's vanished again.

Any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

seems like a problem with the library file, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Are all the movies on the external?

Maybe try removing them all from the library and re-adding them to see if it resolves. Also repair disk permissions in disk utility. Those things can sometimes cause minor glitches like that to happen.

I remember before I had a major corruption of my library file, every song I had showed a "!" next to it despite all being in the folder. I was forced to delete everything from the library and re-add it all to basically rebuild the library.