Suddenly all my devices decided to sign into Messages and FaceTime?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Analog Kid, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Analog Kid macrumors 601

Analog Kid

For some reason today, all of my devices (iPhone, iPad, and Watch at least) decided to sign into Messages and FaceTime. I can't figure out what triggered it... I didn't update anything, as far as I know.

Anybody else have this happen?

If I look at "Devices" under my iCloud account, is that list comprehensive?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You didn't update an iOS or watchOS? After updating to 10.3 all my devices re-signed in.

Changing your iCloud password can also have this affect.

3. Analog Kid thread starter macrumors 601

Analog Kid

Nope. The phone and Watch aren't even seeing the update yet (iPhone 5 apparently requires iTunes to hold its hand). iPad hasn't been updated, both Macs are still on 10.12.3...

iCloud password hasn't been changed, at least not intentionally, but I don't see how the devices would sign themselves back in if the password changed.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I changed my password last week and I was given the option to sign out of all devices or keep devices signed in. I click the latter. Upon doing so, I got a message on each of my devices that the other devices had now logged into iMessage and FaceTime. So it appears they auto-log out, updates the password and re-log in on their own.

5. Analog Kid thread starter macrumors 601

Analog Kid

Should I have gotten a notice that my password was changed?

My earlier password still works, but it does make me wonder if someone was testing access...

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Do you have 2FA or 2Step turned on? I believe Apple sends an email if the password is changed. I'm sure your account is fine and no one is trying to access it, but I only mentioned it because I know updating software or changing passwords can lead to the iMessage/FaceTime signed in pop-ups. So I was just throwing that out there.

7. Analog Kid thread starter macrumors 601

Analog Kid

Good point, two factor should have thrown up a flag. Odd. Thanks for the ideas, though!