Suddenly can't use tab to navigate in Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Straitsfan, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Straitsfan macrumors newbie

This has just happened. I've been working on my mac for a bit today, and suddenly I'm not able to navigate through Finder with the tab or arrow keys. Not for than a few minutes ago, I was always able to use tab to go through the icons in the side bar and/or go to the files in a certain folder, and then use the arrows to cycle through the files I wanted, hitting return to open it, etc. Now it won't work. Tab or arrows just go through the folders or files in the current directory, and I have to click on the individual directory in the sidebar to select it. (it won't even highlight 'devices' or places' in the sidebar -- it used to) I haven't touched anything (knowingly, at least). Can anyone give me any advice? I've already restarted the computer, but that hasn't worked and I can't find anything in system preferences or anything like that that would give me a clue.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. bthis macrumors newbie

return and arrow keys don't work

Yes I am having the same problem. Restarting doesn't help. The return key and arrow keys don't work, making it difficult even to search Apple Forums for help. No return key is a real hassle.