Suddenly, captured videos have no picture!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JBullProduction, Oct 24, 2013.

1. JBullProduction macrumors newbie

Has anyone encountered an issue where you suddenly videos you have captured with Final Cut Pro 7 were working fine and then the next day they weren't?

Here are some details. I have a lot of footage I have captured for my job. I usually capture in FCP7, Apple HDV 1080x1440. Yesterday my videos were playing just fine and I was editing in FCP 7. Before I left work I ran a software update and this morning when i came in...none of my videos had picture. They all have sound but no picture. They won't display video in quicktime, FCP, Mpeg Streamclip, Adobe Premiere, etc.

My SD videos still work fine and anything I have captured in Adobe Premiere CS6 works just fine. Only the video that were captured with the Apple HDV 1080i codec are problematic. I have attached an image with the specs of problematic videos.

Any help on how to fix this. I have tried downloading the ProApps Quicktime Codecs but it says I have a newer version installed and won't continue. Any suggestions??? Thank You!

Attached Files:

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yikes.

In Finder if you go Macintosh HD->Library->QuickTime do you see the AppleHDVCodec.component? If not, your Apple HDV codec most likely got delete by one of the updates. Do you remember which updates you ran?

3. JBullProduction thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I went and checked the component and it is still there. I'm not sure what the updates were that I did. I started the update process and then left for the night so I didn't check to see what was actually being updated.

I'm thinking I may need to just clear FCP Pro off the system and re-install it. Perhaps that will fix the issue.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Wow, that really is strange. Yeah, a re-install might be in order.