Suddenly DivX won't play from a website. Message: (no video)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Queenredspecial, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Queenredspecial macrumors regular

I am using OS 10.4.11. I am up to date on everything -- java, quicktime, and divx. I have checked and double checked everything I know how and I have emptied all caches I know of.

And yet, after working perfectly for years, about a week ago, every time I went to a certain site on which I usually watch much video (embedded divx player,) instead of the player in the window, I see (no video.)

Does anyone know what this problem is, and how to fix it?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Wouldn't be too surprised if Apple nixed some of the codecs and hooks in QT7.6.4 like they did in SL's quicktime.

Probably the ones they decided to stop paying for in both QT7 and SL's QT.

If you open up the file and look at the codec it isn't playing it likely will be something along those lines, and have to wait for on of the 3rd parties to add them to their player or codec bundle.

3. Queenredspecial thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for replying...

Hmmm... :confused: Does that mean I ran an update, and it changed something? I don't recall doing it, but I kind of automatically accept updates, so it's possible i might not remember.

I'm sorry, but what is SL? And what are codecs and hooks? I am not quite sure what your reply means, but it sounds rather hopeless?

4. Queenredspecial thread starter macrumors regular

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Which website?

6. Queenredspecial thread starter macrumors regular

www.ninjavideo.com

(If you do invest the time and go there, {really good site btw,} let me just say I have no problem with the applet, and have followed all of their troubleshooting guides. Currently they are reworking their site so their tech forum is closed to new inquiries, but I have not seen anyone on there who has experienced this exact problem, which leads me to believe it is new. Also I should mention it's the same problem whether I'm using Safari or Firefox.)

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You're kidding right? You linked to a video services search site, not a site to view posted videos. In fact, there is not a single video posted there.

8. Queenredspecial thread starter macrumors regular

SORRY SORRY SORRY... .NET!!!

www.ninjavideo.net

:cool:

9. Queenredspecial thread starter macrumors regular

Bump...

Still hoping someone might know something....
    :(

10. slackbaby macrumors newbie

ninja divx

having the same trouble - am on new macbook w latest software - dl'd latest divx and... no vid!
    sorry i can't help but i'd love to hear a solution!

11. Queenredspecial thread starter macrumors regular

Bump --

must be something in the updated safari.

i sometimes also have issues with 'captcha.'

hmmmm...

12. slackbaby macrumors newbie