Suddenly EDGE, 3G or even GPRS is GONE!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Sep 30, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

So I pulled into my driveway after getting home from work and I noticed that my iPhone had the GPRS icon... I didn't think much of it... I figured it would change to E soon... well it didn't change so I put the phone on Airplane mode hoping that it would re-search for the network and connect to EDGE... it searched and now it won't even show GPRS. The only thing it shows now is FULL bars with no E, 3G or GPRS icons. Is this just my iPhone or is it happening to everyone?

I'm in New Hampshire by the way.

*I hope they're upgrading the towers around here to 3G... maybe that's why it's down... I can't wait to get 3G here!*

Edit: I had it as "GRPS" when it should say "GPRS"... my bad.

2. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Once or twice a year the network will go down for a few minutes, or on the rare occasion, hours. The iPhone is nice, but not omnipotent, it can't fix the network for ya.

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Update: I can't make calls, I can't view voicemail but, I can text message.

4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

you could try resetting the network settings, doesnt take long just restarts the phone after.

5. bbwinkle macrumors member

Same thing has been happening to me for a couple of days. I'm from MA.

6. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

This is really starting to bum me out. Is there anyone I can get ahold of to tell this problem to? The nearest AT&T store is in another town (where Edge is working) and Edge won't work in my town. I wish there was some sort of status update somewhere to figure out what's going on with the towers near me.

7. sparkyms macrumors 65816

8. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Wow, I spent a while last night trying to find that number. I kept getting numbers for people who are new AT&T customers trying to set up their phone. Thank you!

9. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Did you try all the standard stuff first? Reboot? Restore? etc.

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

11. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm afraid it's not linked to my iPhone... it's ALL AT&T customers in my town. My brother has the same problem on a non iPhone.