Suddenly Gmail crashes Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by porcus-belle, Nov 15, 2014.

1. porcus-belle macrumors newbie

porcus-belle

Until yesterday I was happily using Gmail for years with Safari (Version 6.0.5) on my macBook Pro (OS X version 10.8.5). Then all of a sudden, as soon as I open Gmail, Safari crashes. This is not happening with other applications and, also, it does not happen when I open the same Gmail in Firefox (although I have lots of other reasons not to use Firefox).

When the crash occurs I get a very long message of technical stuff that means nothing to me. It says that the problem is being automatically sent to Apple and I have added comments to that but no guidance back as yet.

I am trying to attach the many pages of that technical data. Any comments and advice much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Turn off your Safari extensions, then reset Safari, clearing your cookies and cache. Now try again and see if it crashes.

3. porcus-belle thread starter macrumors newbie

porcus-belle

GGJstudios - thanks. I followed the directions, turning of extensions, clearing and resetting but same outcome.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Create another user account on your Mac. Then log into that account, launch Safari and see if you get the same results.