suddenly, I have no battery

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by maflynn, Jan 29, 2016.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow, I just looked at my watch's battery life and its at 13%. Basically, its 2:30pm, I got up at 4:30am, and put my watch on at that time. Since there, I've not done any exercises, run any apps, other then look at the time and view notifications. Something out of the blue killed the battery.

I've not updated my phone or watch either

I'm rebooting the watch and will probably put it in low power mode when it comes back up, just because I'm in the office and not near my charger.

As point of reference, yesterday, I put my watch on the charger and it was 50% at 9:00pm.

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

That has happened to me once, maybe twice, in 7 months. If it happens again within the next few days, worry. If not, chalk it up to normal computer behavior.

3. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not terribly worried, as I am chalking it up to some sort of bug

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Are you sure it was full when you put it on? My wife was having issues of her chrger cutting out and even telling her it was an unsupported accessory, but very intermtently. Apple gave us a new one (charger) and it's been fine, though it's only been 6 days yet.

5. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

This happened to me one day last week. Fortunately, I was traveling and had my charger with me. I was wracking my brain to see what I might have done. Eventually, I concluded, nothing. A soft reset seemed to resolve the issue and it hasn't happened again. It'd be nice if we could access syslogs for the watch easily to see if there's an out of control process at the root of these episodes

6. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

This has happened to me the last 2 days, first at around 9pm yesterday then around 6pm today I was down to 10% when I have never gone below 40% before. I have 9.3 beta on my phone, maybe that is having an effect on battery life?

7. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, I check the status just as I'm putting it on my wrist.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2016 ---
    I avoid using the betas so that shouldn't be my issue. I'll be away all day today, so I'll see how it works out now - Especially since I rebooted it yesterday.

8. friednoodles macrumors regular

Interestingly, this happened to me and my friend today - first time it's ever happened for either of us (getting to less than 10% before the day was out).

Neither of us had even done a workout. Very weird coincidence! Normally, even with a half hour to an hour of exercise (like a walk or jog), I'll end the day with about 20-30% left.

I've restarted the watch and put it on the charger so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

9. brendan1 macrumors member

Same thing happened to me a few days ago and i wasn't even wearing it. rebooted and fine ever since.