Suddenly no data on AT&T (using iOS 5b2)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SheepNutz, Jul 8, 2011.

1. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone. I'm running iOS 5b2 on my iPhone 4 (not running any tethered jailbreak or anything like that), and this morning, all of the sudden my AT&T 3G and Edge data won't work. I've tried turning 3G off and back on in settings, turning data off and back on, turning airplane mode on and back off, and also restaring the phone and doing a forced restart of the phone, and nothing's worked. I'm currently at work, and one of my coworkers has the exact same phone (but on 4.3.3) and her data is working just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to get my data back while here at work? I'm sure I could go home and do a restore and it would work again, but I'd like to avoid that if I can. Thanks.

2. itsalexaye macrumors regular

sounds like a software problem with beta 2, I'd say try restoring as new (thru iCloud maybe) and if not go back to 4.3.3 til the next beta or GM becomes available.

3. SheepNutz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, my coworker had working data, but my wife's and brother's data were both not working on 4.3.3, so I called AT&T to see if it was a network issue, and as soon as I was on hold waiting for a rep, data started working again for all three of us, so I guess it was just a network issue. Carry on!