Suddenly no sound from Xbox through dr. Bott (iMac 27)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Frederiksberg, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Frederiksberg macrumors member

Out of the blue the sound disappeared, when I use my iMac as a display for my Xbox. It has been working for months, and suddenly it doesn't.

I'm using the Dr. Bott solution, and I don't think the problem is the Xbox, because it just came back from having an issue with the wireless fixed. I also told them, that the sound was gone, and they promised to fix it. But it still doesn't work.

So I'm guessing it's either the dr. Bott or the iMac. But the normal system sound works fine on the iMac.

Has anyone had the same problem? I've googled for ages, and I can't fin anything. I'm at a loss, when it comes to finding out where the problem lies. I have a MacBook air, but that doesn't support input through the mini displayport, so I can't check it that way.

2. Chris5488 macrumors regular

could be 2 things:

-Or something happend with the audio-settings on your iMac. Check if the input-volume is up/enabled.

-Or the Dr. Bott is faulty. Try do pull the plug out and in again for a 'reset'.

3. Frederiksberg thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, forgot to write, that the input volume is all the way up to 11, and the unit is "Soundflower (2ch)". So I think it's alright.

I have tried pulling the plug on the dr. Bott a couple of times with no result :(

Thanks for the advice! :)

4. Frederiksberg thread starter macrumors member

Well, it's sorted now. Turned out, I had to uninstall soundflower. And then it just worked again... Much ado about nothing, I guess.