Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russtic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Hull, UK
Okay I know this makes no sense! I am playing with a MBP - lovely keyboard, nice screen, not massively heavy and fast.

A MB is sufficient for my needs but I don't want plastic as it looks so unprofessional. The MBA seems ideal as it has a similar form factor but is more compact.

So I am not sure!
MBA - lovely, cheaper (just),light
MBP - lovely, more expensive large.

A 13" mbp would be perfect :( but that is unlikely to happen.

BTW I found the smaller button on the MBA annoying - kept missing it - how have other people found it?

dannn

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
if you dont think the mbp is too heavy and large, id just get the mbp

skiesforme

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
I got a MB for my gf 3 days back. Played a bit with the MBA. Although I was waiting for it since October last year I did not find it best for my Use and requirement. Yes its chic, yes its sleek n a jaw dropper ;)
But, I am happy I got a MB and not a MBA.
As for me, I am somewhat in the same dilemma as you.. BUT .. I love the MBP's look n feel..
I am not a big fan of the black keyboard(small keys) on the MBA..
Add to it poor sucky mono speakers... I watch movies and videos a lot.
I need 2 USB ports most of the time... or that's an absolute preference although its debatable(not for me) ..well...
Moreover... I need a > 2 GHz 2 GB machine ...
I have my reasons not to buy a MBA and go in favor of the MBP. I have thought over this for hours and hours and justified that a MBP is what I need and is a good investment for the next 2-3 years to come. Worth the bucks !! :)
An interesting analogy would be - Do you need a hard-top BMW Z4 or a convertible Mazda Miata ?? :D
It's all a trade-off between the X-factor and the Usage requirements !!
If you are still wondering what suits you better. Go to the store again. Get a second look at both. Meanwhile, I would play a bit with the MB and wait for the Penryn based MBP's :p

quixotic

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Style or substance. Loafers or sneakers.

You'll look good with a MBA under your arm, which is perfect for sales, or for execs. Plus, if you don't need the power of a MBP, why pay for it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.