suddenly problem with gmail, facebook, adc, etc ...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pabolux, Mar 27, 2009.

1. pabolux macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I have suddenly problems with using gmail, facebook, adc, etc ... Everything was ok until yesterday afternoon. Since then I am unable to open i.e. gmail messages, facebook (anything but the home page), log in into the adc, etc ... It looks like pages where complex Javascript is used cause the problems. I am using a macbook pro with the latest software updates installed. I have tried on Safari 4, FF 3, Opera 9. I checked on my other two iMacs I have in-house ... same problem, although they are running Safari 3. The curious thing is that the only PC we have in-house works without problem on all those web sites. I have also switched off all devices on the network to see if there is no influence and i can't find no anormal traffic on the local network either.

I thought about some kind of virus and erased my hard disk and re-installed from the original DVD. Same problem ... :-S

I am lost

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Patrick

2. wildflower24 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem too, no sign in into hotmail, gmail, facebook in my mac but in the laptop no problem. Help please!

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Is there any feedback, errors, etc.? Also check Console.app to see if any error messages come up there when you go to access the sites.

4. wildflower24 macrumors newbie

I am new with apple so I dont know what can you do using the console. How do you format a Mac? and would that help?

5. muizizi macrumors newbie

I have the same problem too, i think it's a virus. Any suggestions?, if uninstall is not work????

6. aheayberd macrumors newbie

Same problem

I too have recently had these problems plus i use mac mail as my email client for gmail and it doesnt let me send any messages, (and no it isnt to do with the port number!)

I have been hunting around for solutions and reported the problem to google when trying to find out if they had any ideas on their help section but no word back as yet.

Any help on this would be superb as it is very frustrating and I love my mac!

7. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

8. aheayberd macrumors newbie

installed the mac os update which took a while to install and as i write this facebook has been sat on the log in page for about 3 minutes and the progress circle seems to be in a world of its own going round and round.

Any other suggestions?

A

9. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Gmail is being unstable for me. Sometimes (1 out of 4 times) it says something that it's unable to connect or whatever. (code #103). But on windows it doesn't have this problem.

10. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Definitely not a virus, there are none for OS X, and I haven't heard of any of the existing trojans erasing files.

11. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Patrick, it is in all likelyhood, not a virus.

Have you tried flushing your cache? I'd start there. Type the following into the terminal, clear the cache in your browsers, then restart your browser.

Code:
    dscacheutil -flushcache