suddenly the connect to itunes screen!!! please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by feanor15, May 15, 2009.

1. feanor15 macrumors newbie

jailbroken, unlocked iphone 2g firmware 2.2 was working absolutely fine. had connected to my mac for charging and now i am stuck on the connect to itunes screen on my phone and "this sim card is not supported" in itunes. I AM STILL RECEIVING CALLS THOUGH AND CAN CALL ANYONE THROUGH THE EMERGENCY DIALER!!! but if i slide to unlcok i get the emergency dialer and nothing else. PLease help!! :confused:

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It's time for an upgrade anyway. Upgrade to stock 2.2.1 in iTunes and rejailbreak/unlock. :)

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Have you tried just turning off and on again a few times?

4. feanor15 thread starter macrumors newbie

nooo!!! i dont wanna upgrade... i ll lose all my apps - cydia and app store... all of 'em. :eek:

@t0mat0 i ve tried it lik... a 100 times!! should i put it in recovery mode?

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Why would you lose your apps? If you are regularly syncing with a computer, all of your apps should be in your iTunes library, and as far as your jailbroken apps go, you should download and run apt backup. That way when you rejailbreak it, you can run aptbackup and it will redownload all of your cydia packages, so you don't have to do it manually.

6. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Why not and why would you lose anything? Cydia would be installed when you jailbreak. If you have AptBackup (which you should :)), after re-jailbreaking AptBackup would re-download all the apps you had.