Suddent buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pikkoz, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Pikkoz macrumors newbie

I'm sorry to add my tread,since it will increase the clutter... .
    I feel the urge to kill my university pal samsung nc10 (atom 10" 6 cell netbook still up to 7h of light office tasks) that doesn't like very much decaf-tea (it still working after i opened it up and done some maintennance.

Sitting at home i have a imac 2ghz coreduo 2gb ram 500hd 256mb x1600m that i use mostly for everything else since the NC10 not only feels but it is SLOW .

I would like to have for 3-4y some decent portability,battery life and maybe some horsepower to grind : light office task and , but not mainly , some games , (i have steam with some source games i enjoy despite the lack of gaming performances on my imac) i enjoy opening like 20+ internet pages at time and doing little image editing at the same time or playing 720p content.

I'm mostly focused in a macbooc pro 13" base, but i long for a 13" upper version for that +166Mhz bump that while it isn't much it might help in gaming (still it won't be my main pourpose since i already have a ps3) but i don't know if i can justify the circa 300+ euro premium (that it might be lower since i'll get some 80$ 500-640gb).

Also i've thought about selling my imac for like 300euros ( dunno , would be too high?) and getting the lower end 15" but i think it would be small for home use (i really like at least 20" estate) and too big carring around at my university (since whe don't have a real table to place the notebooks but instead something more like an armrest)

Any thoughts?

2. ttran88 macrumors regular

The extra .26 ghz is not gonna be noticeable at all. Just go for the lower end model and use the 300 you save and get a SSD card. You will be more happy with that.

3. Cerebral macrumors newbie

You will see more performance (loading wise and with general OS usage) from an SSD than you will with that extra 260mhz, or just save your money. The increase in price is not justified at all.