Suede Jacket for Touch 2g - I received mine today

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cdwmobile, Sep 24, 2008.

1. cdwmobile macrumors newbie

I bought a touch last week. I went to buy a case on the way home and found, like many of you have, the selection is very limited. I didn't like either of the two offerings Best Buy had, so I skipped it and babied my touch until I could find a solution. After looking through the forum, I realized it maybe a few weeks until what I'm looking for comes out. At that point I found a post where someone linked to a Water Field Suede sleeve.

For 13 bucks I figured it was worth it. I bought it with the intentions of using until I found something better. My wife also noticed them as I was considering the purchase and wanted one for her classic. We ordered two late Saturday night and they were here around 11am today.

Its a very snug fit, but the package warns that it will be snug until the suede stretches over a few days. The pocket is the perfect size for a credit card, cash, or even headphones.

While it doesn't give the overall protection I was hoping for, it will serve its purpose well, and then some. I expect to keep it inside the sleeve when its in my bag, in my pocket, etc.

I really wanted to just post to let everyone know they're not only legit, but we've been treated well and promptly thus far. Not only did we receive them in 2 1/2 business days, but the package also came with a hand signed receipt that Thanked us for the purchase. To me, that's the sign of a company that is trying to care for their customers, therefore someone I will order from in the future.

Hope that helps.

CDW

2. ynots macrumors member

Very nice.

Ive been looking for one for my touch since i got one about a year ago. Cant find one anywhere. Happy with the case i have now (a leather pouch) but still wouldnt mind one of these.

Anyone know if this would fit the first touch? And anywhere in the UK that would sell them?

3. cdwmobile thread starter macrumors newbie

It would fit the first gen for sure. Its made out of a stretchy suede/micro foam that has some memory. When you first get it, its a very tight fit, but it slowly expands to fit your device. It would work just fine with the 1st gen.

I would check with SFbags about international shipping.

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Waterfield (www.sfbags.com) is both legit, and a WONDERFUL company. I've used their products for about 5 years and their quality is spectacular. So don't worry if you haven't heard of them, you'll be impressed.

Their service is just about as good as you can get as well. They're small, but that doesn't mean anything. When I orderd my slip case for my Powerbook years ago, they actually called me 3 months later to see how I was liking it and if there was anything they could do for me. That's service. I'm not saying they'll do that now as they have grown, but they're still awsome.

I too ordered one of those suede cases in preparation for my Touch arriving, and like everything else from them, even this little tiny sleeve case seems to have awesome build quality. We'll see when I get my Touch.