Suffering from slow sync's!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ars Diaboli, May 13, 2010.

1. Ars Diaboli macrumors member

I sync to a MacBook Pro and it takes forever to sync my iPhone. I have the iPhone 3G and plan on upgrading when the new phone comes out this summer. But it takes me 30 minutes to sync!!!! Is this normal?

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do that will cause the sync to go faster?

Any help will be appreciated.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It depends on what you're syncing and how much you have to sync. If you've only small changes to calendar or contacts then a sync takes a couple of minutes. However, if you have a 16 GB 3G and are syncing 12 GB's of music and photos, then it can take an hour.

3. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

Would you give more detail as to the nature of your sync? What kind of files, size of the files etc. Also any details on your system would be nice; are you still running a Pentium system?

4. Ars Diaboli thread starter macrumors member

I am running a MacBook Pro 2.2 GHZ Intel core 2 Duo with 2 GB of 667 mhz sdram.

What takes so long it actually the backing up part. The actual movie or music or pictures do not take so long. I only have an 8GB Iphone which is a 3G.

5. siufai macrumors member

How often do you sync? I found that if I don't sync for a long time, it'll take a long time to backup. But if I sync it everyday or more often, it backup quicker.

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Same. I went a month without syncing and it was slow which is understandable.. Now I sync every day or every other day and it takes minutes.

7. Ars Diaboli thread starter macrumors member

That might be the problem. I only sync when there is a change in my music or movies. Most everything else auto sync over the air, so I really don't need to manually sync that often. I will try a more regular schedule to see if that will do the trick.

Thx