Sugarsync 5Gig online storage

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aasaeedi, Apr 20, 2012.

1. aasaeedi macrumors newbie

Hi,

Have you guys tried SugarSync Cloud service?

I have been using it for couple of days with my new iPad and found it great to share my files between several devices. I was wondering if anybody has used it and knows a better service like this?

I also would like to know if its possible to mount a folder on my mac to my cloud storage on SugarSync.

Thanks,

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I use Dropbox. It also mounts a folder on your Mac to easily drop files to. Pretty slick of you to add your referral link though. Even though my account is free, I'm up to 11.5 GBs of storage space. What's the max you can get with Sugarsync?

3. aasaeedi thread starter macrumors newbie

Honestly, I have no idea.

But I have tried dropbox. It seems that you can only share on folder. with Sugarsync you can share multiple folders.

I work on a desktop in my office and I cannot install their program. I thought maybe I can find another way to access the files (in addition to the web interface).

Sorry about the link. I just noticed it is a referral. The site told me to share it with my friends.

4. splitpea macrumors 6502a

You can work around this by putting everything you want to sync in subfolders of your Dropbox folder and making aliases or symlinks from other folders if you want stuff in other places on your filesystem (although this doesn't work for syncing special system directories, I wouldn't use Dropbox for that anyway).

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Dropbox was updated to now allow you to share anything with a link. No need to share a folder.