Suggest an iPhone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eddyish, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Eddyish macrumors member

I'm looking for something that has a lay on the table design, something that's got a semi-rigid design sorta silicone (but not completely silicone because they're lint magnets), something rather plain looking (colored cases are fine) and something that I can stick into my pockets.

Also is the NGP case slippery? Because that would be something that fits all my criteria.

2. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Sounds like you need the speck candyshell. I have mixed feelings about this case... Mine had the peeling issue, which I absolutely hate and that's why I don't use mine anymore. But others haven't had this issue, and if you're lucky enough to get one without the peeling issue, it's a great case.

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I've played with a few different cases (Case Crown, Speck, and Incipio).

The Case Crown has a pretty cheap looking design (ribbed sides on some models), and depending on which one you get the camera flash will reflect off of the case and cause hazy pictures. Speck feels sturdy, but I also found it bulky and it wasn't as easy to slip in and out of my pocket.

I settled on the Incipio feather (in my case the white "Tonic" one), and I think it is about as plain as you can get.

4. Ray-, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

It depends what you want. If you're looking for a soft rubbery case, you probably want one made from TPU as oppose to silicone. Like you said, silicone tends to stretch and deform over time, and they collect dust like crazy.

Cases from speck and griffin are always good, but if you want something a little different, check out the designs from our artists. You can even PM me and I can send you one to try out on the house!

5. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

Definitly a TPU case. Look at the Incipio NGP and Belkin 050 Essential. Make sure if you get the Belkin its the 050 not the 031. They look very simialar but the 031 is a older version and doesnt fit very will. I have both and love them. The Belkin is a little slimmer but the NGP seems to offer more protection.

EDIT: I dont find the NGP slippery at all. Its has a nice feel to it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Click HERE! Best cases for iPhone, iPad, and iPod.

I have the REVO 4. Great case.

7. Eddyish, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

Eddyish thread starter macrumors member

If that's the case I'll probably get the NGP. My only worries were that it might be slippery. I checked out Belkin and while the 050's nice I kinda fell in love with the 013. Does anyone know more about the 013 essential?

Ray, that'd be great but I'm based in Hong Kong so it might be some trouble shipping from where you're located (I'm guessing America or Europe).

8. bdoople macrumors member

bdoople

I'd look into the ZooGue cases. They're free right now (plus $4 shipping) and come in many colors. I don't use mine much but I bought 3 because why not. The silicon material is nice, not sticky and somewhat firm that doesn't seem to attract lint, feels more like a TPU case but thinner. They do have some lay on the table too.

http://www.zoogue.com/free-iphone-4s-social-shell-case/

9. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

Hey no worries, let me know if you see anything you like, no strings attached. Always looking to give back to the community.

10. Qfic macrumors member

Zum Gelee has been the best case for me, hands down!