Suggest Macbook Sleeve/Case

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by derryquinn, Jul 31, 2008.

1. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

So I'm about to get a new macbook, finally making "the switch" whenever the new ones come out, making me the happiest 14 year old ever (I've been saving FOREVER), but my parents have agreed to get me a case and a printer totaling 200 euro of my choice. I've already decided on a printer and I have 70€ left, but I really only want to spend up to 50 euro on a case or about 70 dollars for you yanks :p

I'm looking for something simple enough, but functional, please, none of the common black bag ones! :D See Below

[​IMG]

I know the new ones will be different dimensions, but i'm sure the cases will all be updated. So please post about the one you have, list pro's and con's and recommendations etc. every little bit is great!

Love You!
    Derry

2. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

ew...it has a Dell Logo on it.....

notebook bag or case? because thats a bag.

case: neoprene case, wonderful

3. derryquinn thread starter macrumors 6502

derryquinn

Bag/Case/Sleve, anything that i can carry my notebook in.

4. derryquinn thread starter macrumors 6502

derryquinn

5. Paix247 macrumors 6502

I highly recommend anything from Waterfield Designs. www.sfbags.com. I have many of their products, and they seem to last forever.

6. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Second this, been very pleased!

7. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Third this! Very Pleased -- great customer service, great products, fast shipping, good prices, customizable. Go for it! Put in any backpack/tote and your computer is well protected. Can't get any better!

8. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

just thought i'd chirp in.

if you go for a neoprene case, and are gonna get a white macbook, i wouldn't bother with a black case. i was really close to getting a nice olive green one when i first got my macbook, but thought i'd play it safe with a black one. but my macbook ended up getting abit of black smudges around the edges. should have got the green one :eek:

9. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Based on my readings, if you get the neporene black, if you will wash it inside out before you use it, you should be clear. We got one for my husband's white macbook because it was cheap (and he does not carry it often) and washed it in the regular machine, it was fine.

10. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I got this and I love it!

Speck SeeThru Hard Shell Case for MacBook (clear)
    [​IMG]

11. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Bought a new Macbook Pro today and picked up the incase sleeve. Had a great experience with the 13" version for my Macbook, but the 15" for the Pro doesn't fit as snug as I would prefer. There is a lot of open space at the top when you zip it up.

12. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

I have this for my Macbook Pro.

It looks nice, I like it.

It is padded, and holds my computer.

Can't ask for much more than that.

13. Rondue macrumors regular

Due to that things horrible reviews I went with the clear incase branded one, and I love it. I also have a booqbag from www.booqbags.com they are expensive as heck but they are elite

14. actorkid macrumors 6502

if youre going for protection from scratches rather than protection from impact, i just bought "sleevz" from radtech

www.radtech.us

only get this sleeve if you have another bag/backback that you plan on storing your notebook in as it doesn't protect from heavy impact....it simply makes sure your brand new macbook remains scratch and fingerprint free

the sleeve is made of microfiber cloth, so it doubles as a case/LCD cleaner as well

15. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

yeah, i also read about this... after i bought it :p

like i said, the marks are very small and barely noticeable so its not the end of the world.

16. derryquinn thread starter macrumors 6502

derryquinn

thanks for all he replies, you all seem to be saying the neoprene, but there is nowhere to put the charger or a mouse, it's too..un-useful, and the sfbags are too...useful, lots of pockets lolI'm very picky :D are applesacs any good?

17. M4CBOOK macrumors regular

M4CBOOK

their ok but i dont think the pocket is that big