Suggest some apps for me!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DreamscapeRuins, Jul 8, 2011.

1. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

I have $200 dollars in a Mac App Back to School discount card. Any suggestions on Mac Apps or iPhone Apps that I should purchase? :)

2. simsaladimbamba

3. DreamscapeRuins thread starter macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

Probably should have mentioned something along these lines originally. Either way, here are a few things:

• I enjoy video editing, but I'm not up to purchasing Final Cut Pro right now. Especially with the reviews and price tag.
    • I want a good app for financing, but preferrably one that doesn't cost upwards of 30 bucks.
    • Games are okay - but I generally wont purchase an App Store game unless its completely picked my interest.
    • I'm a college student, majoring in IT/Web Development with a focus on Internet Blogging/Video editing, if that helps.

Other than those three, I'm open to anything else - as long as its not too costly. I know I have $200 dollars in giftcards, but I dont want to spend 50-60 bucks on an app thats not worth it.

4. Nikh macrumors regular

You definitely need an app to plan your daily tasks, and, at the moment cheapest one is our :) only for $0.99.

However, outside of ad-jokes, if you don't know that you need an application for doing something, better don't spend money on random apps. Money on giftcards will not disappear with time, so you should wait when you need 'that app'.
    At least, you would be able to spend them on Lion upgrade, or other major applications, which are really required.

5. lfc macrumors regular

You might like this http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/hype/id436931759?mt=12. Never tried it but it seems to be popular

Also Wunderlist is a good to-do/task manager app if you need something like that