Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

page3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Outside the EU
I’ve seen this work really well on other sites.

Display prominent tags on news articles to define where in the world the article relates to. For example- US, UK, EU, WORLDWIDE.

This will help with reading relevant posts.

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2019
Most news that affect Apple will affect them globally - unless it's for sales and other promotions.

arc of the universe

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2023
if i take the original poster at what s/he wrote: then i disagree.
posts to forums should not be marked by where the forum poster is "from".

if i take the original poster by what s/he (probably) meant to say: then i agree.
articles (not posts) written by Macrumors staff / article contributors definitely SHOULD be marked with one of two flag groupings: a globe for global (meaning apple global) or a national flag for a specific country.

however, it is problematical. root cause: there does not seem to be enough understanding by most article writers themselves to understand if something apple does applies globally or not. that is the problem.
definitely not enough awareness of china exclusions and, of course, non-USA exclusions in general.

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
if i take the original poster at what s/he wrote: then i disagree.
posts to forums should not be marked by where the forum poster is "from".

if i take the original poster by what s/he (probably) meant to say: then i agree.
articles (not posts) written by Macrumors staff / article contributors definitely SHOULD be marked with one of two flag groupings: a globe for global (meaning apple global) or a national flag for a specific country.

however, it is problematical. root cause: there does not seem to be enough understanding by most article writers themselves to understand if something apple does applies globally or not. that is the problem.
definitely not enough awareness of china exclusions and, of course, non-USA exclusions in general.

The only articles or posts I can think of that would benefit from a "country tag" would be sales or giveaways.

Even if an article were something like this: "Apple suspends sales of (X product) in (X country) for (X reason)". I make the decision to read or not read a post based on the title/content, not a country tag.

arc of the universe

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2023
The only articles or posts I can think of that would benefit from a "country tag" would be sales or giveaways.

Even if an article were something like this: "Apple suspends sales of (X product) in (X country) for (X reason)". I make the decision to read or not read a post based on the title/content, not a country tag.
apple card

or, something really basic such as apple news

but i recommend you visit this link.
it will blow your mind about feature (non-)availability:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.