Suggestion for a "Dear Apple" wishlist subforum.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by VulchR, May 30, 2014.

1. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

As the new WWDC is coming up there are a lot of threads about features/fixes that MR users wish Apple would implement. Perhaps it would be a good idea to consolidate these into a single subforum. I know that Apple has its own bug reporting and request site, but MR users seem to enjoy armchair software programming.

Who knows? Appie might listen.

Then again, maybe not....

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Creating new sub fora has been discussed at length in the past. The general response has been avoiding opening new sub fora to avoid bloat and confusion on the Forum.

While there is nothing wrong with making the suggestion, my guess is that there are many opportunities to discuss ideas for changes and improvements in Apple products without creating a new sub forum.

Personally, I do not see the need for a new sub forum for blue sky speculation. I also think that while some may enjoy such a discussion, it's potential impact on Apples R&D is pretty much nil.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

^^^ What he said.

The best way to let Apple know about stuff is through their feedback form.

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Otherwise, the various news articles about WWDC events, before, during and after, is where most of the talk is conducted and the various existing forums should be able to cover the rest.

4. Felasco Guest

Apple's own forum has a policy of limiting the dialog to technical issues only. They provide some latitude on that, but if you should go too far in to trying to discuss anything that actually matters they will give you the boot before long, and/or hordes of little Apple fan boys will chase you from thread to thread in an attempt to lynch apostate blaspheming heretics.

Point being, I don't think Apple is really too interested in what we have to say, or they'd create a section on their own forum for that.

Personally, I have little faith the feedback form is staffed well enough that it serves any useful purpose. I think it's probably just a black hole that is offered to help users get things off their chest.

5. Felasco Guest

Been booted twice myself.

It's not complicated, it is instead the explicit policy of the Apple Support Forum to limit discussion to technical questions and answers, as I've been reminded about a thousand times. :)

As I said, it's not a rigid policy and some latitude is offered. And to be fair, it's really not that different than other communities, in that any time anyone presents a sustained and effective challenge to any established group consensus, it's only a matter of time until the plug is pulled.

My point is only that if Apple wanted to hear our opinions on central issues, they would design their own forum to encourage that conversation.