Suggestion for a new Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maliciousmunky, Aug 24, 2014.

1. maliciousmunky macrumors newbie

Hi all.

I currently own a Macbook pro mid 2009. 15 inch. I've been meaning to buy a new one, however I was waiting for the broadwell and hopefully for a new laptop design (maybe a touchscreen or a new look or whatever)

But im slightly fed up with the one I have now. Its a bit big, very poor battery life and the graphics cards is not good. Performance is not that great either (I recently changed the RAM as well)

So, I was thinking of selling this now, buying a new macbook pro 13 inch or an air. Then after a year if the new macbook pro comes out and I like it then I would sell the one I got and buy the new one.

I dont need a very powerful laptop, I need something for personal use, media, occasional development and design work. And playing some games like dragon age (Since i prefer them on laptop rather than my gaming PC)..

Any comments or suggestions please?

Thank you

2. JoelTheSuperior macrumors 6502

JoelTheSuperior

To be honest I'm not convinced that any laptop exists that is actually competent for gaming.

With that said, the current retina MacBook Pros are fantastic and despite a few minor issues I'd definitely recommend you get a 13" retina MacBook Pro - you'll likely find it to be a huge improvement over your 2009 model.

3. maliciousmunky thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Joel :) I agree. Laptops are not good for gaming, thats why I have a PC for gaming. But I am travelling A LOT. and I do enjoy games like dragon age, divinity...etc that could run on a MAC. I just want something good enough for that.

My only concern is the broadwell, since I am really waiting for it. Is it working getting the 13 retina now and then selling it a year later if the new macbooks seem to be better for me?