Suggestion for driving directions

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by noobinator, Jan 11, 2014.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I find myself often copying and pasting addresses from yelp or whatever to the maps app to get directions. I also use Siri to get directions too. Would it be difficult to implement something like a long hold on a address and have "directions to" pop up as an option along with copy etc... If they can do it with phone numbers and dates why not addresses?

2. TjeuV macrumors 6502

If the app has a built-in navigation, no. Otherwise, maps would need constant access to all your apps? I'm thinking it's not even worth considering since it's gonna drain your battery like hell.

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

To long hold an address and click on "directions to" and have it open the maps app? Wouldn't it just copy and paste the address for us in the maps app ultimately? Or am I missing something? This is done with phone numbers to make calls and dates/times to set appointments reminders with no battery drain.

4. hafr macrumors 68030

If we name the option "copy this address and tell Google maps to give me directions to it" instead, it might be more obvious what the tweak would do - but less streamlined ;)

5. HCO macrumors regular

HCO

Yelp lets you go to the maps app. For directions

6. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

Ha

Problem solved for yelp at least. Don't I feel dumb.