Suggestion for Earbuds with around extension and remote?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Iphone4sinwhite, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Iphone4sinwhite macrumors 6502

I recently purchased a 4s; it's my first iPhone and I like it a lot. Unfortunatly, the standard earphones hurt my ears and they "pop" out of my ears immediately while running.

Are there any good earphone suggestions that maintain the 3-button Siri compatible remote with microphone and have an extension for wraping around the back of the ear? Functionality is more important than sound quality. White is preferable but not a deal breaker. I'd prefer to stay under $75 and have a warranty because these will be used a lot while exercising so they may get accidentially crushed.

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions as to what works for you?

2. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

The klipsch s4i, while it doesnt have earloops, is designed to be worn either "Straight into the ear" or "wrapped around" for better security.

I haven't tried them with siri, but they do have the 3 button controls for ipod etc and are VASTLY more comfortable then the default ones.

3. njgeek macrumors regular

If you're looking for functionality and not sound under $75 I'd recommend trying to find a discounted pair of Bose MIE2i, Klipsch S4i (great choice), or the Sennheiser MM30i. Comply tips can help them stay in your ears if they don't already, though looping over the ear usually will do it just fine. The other option is some aftermarket earhooks if you can find a matching set:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=ear+hooks&x=0&y=0

4. Locodice macrumors regular

+1 for the Bose.

They stay in my ears when I run and are Siri compatible with volume adjustment. They are a little bit more than you wanted to pay but well worth it IMO.

5. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your suggestions, I now have some reasearch to do.

Does anyone have any experience with the poll ultrafit 1000s?

6. rookiezzz macrumors regular

Bose MIE2i, you might forget that you're wearing an earphone, even when you're running! :D

7. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

8. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

9. kalt macrumors regular

in my experience Etymotics are the best, and they recently came out with a version for the iPhone (with compatible buttons, etc). The Etymotic ER-4P's I have are by far the best sounding, most comfortable earbuds I have ever used. They are earbuds though, not "headphones" per the traditional definition. I think they can be found for $75-85 or so at amazon.com.

10. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anybody have any experience with the Philips SHH8107/28? The Polk earbuds turned out to be very painful. It seems nobody makes good around the ear earbuds with in-line remote.

11. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

What is the diameter of the standard iPhone earbuds? I'm hoping to find something smaller.

For now I am steering clear of the non behind the ear earbuds. I'm afraid the earbuds that rely solely on friction to remain in place will fall out when I am on my back while working out.

12. Busymom23 macrumors member

13. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

I did it!...

You and the others in this thread talked me into spending double the amount I've ever spent on earbuds......Great advise...I love them!....Don't hurt my ears and I can wear them for prolonged times....Quality looks good too!....Thanks!...:D