Suggestion for hosting ...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by prasantchettri, Apr 28, 2015.

1. prasantchettri macrumors newbie

I am planning to use drupal(ubercart ) to get a e commerce site up and running. Is it possible to run it on shared hosting or would i need to think about other options. I do not expect many vistiors right from the start .
    was not able to bypass the memory limit of 64m in Godaddy and getting constant error messages regarding the same while trying to turn on the modules so starting to design is out of question.

I need some honest suggestions so that I could make a decision.
    have already made a mistake by purchasing Godaddy shared hosting Delux and do not want to make further mistakes.

For those in favour of Godaddy, I agree that you can make a nice single page website in godaddy so, I would request you not to post your unhelpful comments, if you really want to help please provide me with a link to live store hosted on Godaddy that you own. I just got off with their customer service and the tech support did not even understand what I was trying to say so I would be glad to visit the store because i really don't think it is possible in
    Godaddy. You are welcome to prove me wrong.

2. JoelTheSuperior macrumors 6502

JoelTheSuperior

I would say that shared hosting is sufficient however if you're hitting GoDaddy's 64M memory limit you may want to look elsewhere.

If you have the technical knowledge to do so, I think VPS hosting is very much worthwhile. Right now I'm running a couple of DigitalOcean 'droplets' as they're called for a few client sites and it works wonderfully, and of course I'm then only limited by the memory that I have available on the server.