suggestion for mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by sismaster, Feb 13, 2014.

1. sismaster macrumors newbie

Hii Folks,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I am one question please help me ,I want to learn I-phone development and willing to purchase mac mini .It would cost me 45000Rs in India so will it be worth to purchase mac mini for learning or do we have another option.Or which one would be great among mac mini , mac air,mac pro

Thanks in advance
    Rana

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Mac mini is probably the most cost effective solutions, its a great computer at a great price, provided you already have a monitor. If you don't then compare the combined cost of the Mac Mini and monitor to a MacBook Air.

If you have mobility needs, then the MBA makes more sense however.

3. sismaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks So i will not get any kind of stuck while running xcode please say about this to

4. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

XCode will run fine on any current or older Mac, back a couple of years at least. The biggest issue with XCode is available screen real estate. The smaller your display, the harder it will be to use XCode to efficiently program, especially for the iPad, and whenever using Storyboards.

I've been trying to code on a 13" Macbook Pro, and although the computer has all the power it needs to get the job done, I spend the majority of my time fussing and fiddling with several overlapping windows while I'm testing my runs on the simulator. I think 21" would be the reasonable minimum for programming effectively in XCode.

In light of all this, I am now seriously considering the next generation of the Mac Mini, as it can serve any size monitor I choose, and double as a media / game center as well.

5. Schnort macrumors regular

To write iOS 7 apps, you need to run the latest version of xcode, which basically requires 10.8 (mountain lion). That means something newer than 2009.

6. BigRed1 macrumors 6502

The 2009 Mac mini runs mavericks just fine.