suggestion for printer (Airprint capable)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Mar 16, 2011.

1. ansabakhan, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i want to buy a printer which would print via airprint on my iphone and ipad can some one suggest a good one ?

i am a very light users ... 10 pages a week at most ... i would also like to print some photos if possible ( i have not done with before)

i have a imac , can i print using air print thru imac too or do i need to use USB cable for that?

Update : i will have this printer in my bedroom so need to be small in size.

2. waiyippy macrumors newbie

I got the Epson Artisan 835 two weeks ago, able to airprint docs and photos on my iphone4. quality of the photos are very nice, ck out their reviews.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

how big is it ? i need to have in my bedroom and cant not have some thing big ..how about refills ? are they expensive ?

4. himni macrumors regular

If you jailbreak there is an app that lets you print to almost any printer that is connected to the wifi network your iPhone is on. So almost any printer with built in wifi or ethernet port will work. I have a Brother color laser print that works with it although it isn't small but I know it will work with their smaller inkjet all in ones.

You could always get one of the official AirPrint printers listed here. I personally don't like HP printers and their ink is super expensive. I do like Epson and their ink is reasonably priced.

Their are also printer apps in the apple app store from most of printer manufactures. I know all the apps let you print pictures but I'm not sure about text documents. If any of the Kodak printers work I would recommend get a Kodak since their ink is super cheap and they have nice printers. Epsons are really nice too and their ink is only slightly more expensive.

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

good idea ! i want to use my imac to print wifi too ... do you have any spefic model you want to suggest? thanks

6. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

Here you go. Just download this for your mac and you are set. No JB required which is a plus.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

8. himni macrumors regular

I haven't used any newer printers since I got my Brother printer in late 2009. I can't really give you any recommendations since I have used any of the newer ones but I can say I love my Brother printer. I have used Canon, Epson and Kodak printers and Canon or Epson are probably my favorite after my Brother. Kokak printer are nice and their ink is super cheap but they don't have separate color cartridges which I dislike and they don't have photo color inks either which some/most of the Canon and Epson printers will. Since you want to print photos the Epson Artisan 835 that ansabakhan mentioned is probably your best bet if you don't mind the 199 price tag.

9. himni macrumors regular

Lots of people have had lots of trouble getting that working not to mention you have to have your computer on to print. Since you have it on you might as well use the computer. Also I don't see how it is a plus that it doesn't require JB since it makes AirPrint harder to use. TruPrint in Cydia lets you print to almost any network printer not just the printer/s hooked up to your home computer.

10. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

SO TurPrint is better Vs getting a printer with built in airprint?