Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like Push Notifications to include this?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
First off, I'm not complaining about push notifications. It's great and I love it and I thought of something that I think would make it better. I was thinking about adding a "Reply" button for IM apps so that way you can reply to an IM without even opening the app. I made a mockup below (I'm not too great with GIMP as you can tell).

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 73
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 50

RobertD63

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
A place
I have been wanting this not only for Push but SMS. It would be so much faster and easier when Im using apps to reply. I wont have to quit an App im using to go to the messages and then go back to the App I was using before and wait for it to reload. It would be so much faster and seamless if they put this in. Maybe when you tap 'Reply' you will get the last message 2 messages from the conversation. If you need to see more then you will tap 'View'.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Unnecessary clutter in my opinion - it's one click away as it is..

Yea, but what if your in the middle of a game (i.e. in the middle of a song in Tap Tap Revenge). You wold have to close Tap Tap, open up Beejive, reply, go back to Tap Tap and restart the song. IMO they (Apple) need to add background applications but I guess this could be another work around.

frjps

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
Yes!

Absolutely this would be awesome. As another poster said, I wish Apple would do this with the Messaging app!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.