suggestion for push. tell me what you think.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bndoarn, Jun 24, 2009.

?

Would you like Push Notifications to include this?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

First off, I'm not complaining about push notifications. It's great and I love it and I thought of something that I think would make it better. I was thinking about adding a "Reply" button for IM apps so that way you can reply to an IM without even opening the app. I made a mockup below (I'm not too great with GIMP as you can tell).

Attached Files:

2. masterell macrumors regular

Unnecessary clutter in my opinion - it's one click away as it is..

3. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

I have been wanting this not only for Push but SMS. It would be so much faster and easier when Im using apps to reply. I wont have to quit an App im using to go to the messages and then go back to the App I was using before and wait for it to reload. It would be so much faster and seamless if they put this in. Maybe when you tap 'Reply' you will get the last message 2 messages from the conversation. If you need to see more then you will tap 'View'.

4. bndoarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, but what if your in the middle of a game (i.e. in the middle of a song in Tap Tap Revenge). You wold have to close Tap Tap, open up Beejive, reply, go back to Tap Tap and restart the song. IMO they (Apple) need to add background applications but I guess this could be another work around.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Fixed that for ya. :)

6. frjps macrumors member

Yes!

Absolutely this would be awesome. As another poster said, I wish Apple would do this with the Messaging app!!!