Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
It will probably only initially apply to the WATCH Sport users, but other than the actual shine (or comparative lack) of the material of the aluminum, the only noticeable physical difference is the colored crown.

All someone needs to do is create a colored circle sticker or skin. Black, white, red, etc.

If someone wants to take it to the next level, make a matching one for the below button as well.

From afar, an aluminum WATCH Sport with a black dot could be mistaken for a stainless steel WATCH.

Sell them for $2.99 with a manufacturing cost of $0.25 or something, and someone could make a killing.

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
I want this to happen so bad haha. I just think the contrast looks better on the space gray. I may just color mine in with a sharpie

----------

Maybe nail polish would be a better idea. Like a glossy black. Could also probably be easily removed later

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
As a mom who deals with sticker sheets a lot, I say just find a sticker sheet you like at Target (they have good selections in both the craft supplies section and the stationery section of their stores) or any craft or stationery store and use a hole punch.

Standard hole punch for paper typically sized for a three ring binder probably won't work as the diameter of those kinds of holes are too big, but you can probably buy an adjustable one at a craft store.

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
As a mom who deals with sticker sheets a lot, I say just find a sticker sheet you like at Target (they have good selections in both the craft supplies section and the stationery section of their stores) or any craft or stationery store and use a hole punch.

Standard hole punch for paper typically sized for a three ring binder probably won't work as the diameter of those kinds of holes are too big, but you can probably buy an adjustable one at a craft store.

Thank you! I was wanting to use sticker sheets, but I couldn't figure out how I would cut it thinking a hole punch would be a little to big. Didn't realize they made ones that were adjustable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.