suggestion: hardware specific Leopard reaction forums

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
As we can see in this thread there is a lot of interest in how Leopard will run on specific hardware categories e.g. G4 powerbooks.

Since there will be a ton of questions and feedback along these lines, could we have a temporary section of the forum dedicated to hardware specific bugs and performance issues? I would suggest these categories:

1) G3 and non-supported G4s
2) G4 portables
3) Intel portables
4) iMacs (PPC and Intel?)
5) PowerMacs
6) MacPros

Link to these "subforums" or whatever from the front page, and we could probably keep down the clutter.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
A friend of mine just got more RAM for his 1G Powerbook. I think thats the oldest Mac I know of that will be getting 10.5. I don't even want to attempt it on my mother's 667 powerbook. I do know of some G4/G5 and intel iMacs that will be getting the upgrade. I will keep you all posted.

Comment

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I had suggested something similar a while back (a sticky for Leopard related issues) and Doctor Q said that the best thing to do would be to answer questions on an ad hoc basis, in combination with the Guides.

For authoritative information, we prefer to have Guides rather than sticky threads. Threads help with questions as they come up, and discussion of installation and upgrade techniques, but what helps others the most is when a person, or a small group of people, make the effort to consolidate the information into a Guide.

I hope we get volunteers to do that!
Although a temporary sub-forum does sound good. Question is, where would it go? Would we have several hardware ones under "OS X" or "Leopard ugrades" under each of the major hardware forums (ie, "Macbook/Macbook Pro; iMac, eMac, Mac mini; etc)?

Comment

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Sounds a good idea. I have two older machines so I'd like somewhere I can check out my specs. One forum should do it. The number of machines people are going to be wondering whether they can run Leopard on or not isn't enormous so the thread will presumably reach its end sooner or later.

Comment