suggestion: hardware specific Leopard reaction forums

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by lord patton, Oct 25, 2007.

1. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

As we can see in this thread there is a lot of interest in how Leopard will run on specific hardware categories e.g. G4 powerbooks.

Since there will be a ton of questions and feedback along these lines, could we have a temporary section of the forum dedicated to hardware specific bugs and performance issues? I would suggest these categories:

1) G3 and non-supported G4s
    2) G4 portables
    3) Intel portables
    4) iMacs (PPC and Intel?)
    5) PowerMacs
    6) MacPros

Link to these "subforums" or whatever from the front page, and we could probably keep down the clutter.

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

A friend of mine just got more RAM for his 1G Powerbook. I think thats the oldest Mac I know of that will be getting 10.5. I don't even want to attempt it on my mother's 667 powerbook. I do know of some G4/G5 and intel iMacs that will be getting the upgrade. I will keep you all posted.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I had suggested something similar a while back (a sticky for Leopard related issues) and Doctor Q said that the best thing to do would be to answer questions on an ad hoc basis, in combination with the Guides.

Although a temporary sub-forum does sound good. Question is, where would it go? Would we have several hardware ones under "OS X" or "Leopard ugrades" under each of the major hardware forums (ie, "Macbook/Macbook Pro; iMac, eMac, Mac mini; etc)?

5. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Sounds a good idea. I have two older machines so I'd like somewhere I can check out my specs. One forum should do it. The number of machines people are going to be wondering whether they can run Leopard on or not isn't enormous so the thread will presumably reach its end sooner or later.