Suggestion: MacRumorsLive Update Sound

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by JML42691, Jun 9, 2008.

1. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

One thing that I think could be added to the MacRumorsLive page would be a little update sound or something that alerts the viewer that there is a new post. That way if someone is browsing through other tabs, they will know when there is a new post to the Live page, rather than having to check quite often. Just a thought (not even sure if it is possible). Although there are other ways to work around this (having two windows where the timestamp from the Live page is the only part that is showing so an update can be seen), a sound like a beep or something would help a lot.

2. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Totally agree, although it must be an option. Some may find it annoying.

For reference, something like a new iChat message or just a little ding would be cool.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It's now on the OSL (official suggestion list). Thanks!

4. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yes that would be so helpful! I was just thinking that today. I've never experienced live feed before and I thought I would have t refresh it. ( I know, dumb me.) But then I saw the comment on there not to refresh and I was amazed how it continuously updated.

This let me do other stuff but I kinda missed 15 minutes because I was too busy browsing other news sites like Engadet. So far though, I really enjoyed reading macrmorslive. So thank you for that guys. So yeah audio feedback when a new text or image is posted on the live feed would be really helpful.

This experience has been great for me, waiting in anticipation with other guys about the new products and how the keynote goes and discussing it afterwards. Apple just makes it so interesting. I would have never experienced this if I hadn't switched and researched a Mac. :p
    So looking forward to MSWF. That time, I am going for the spoiler free link. That would be even more awesome.

5. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Very good idea! But I think macrumors is already ahead of other 'live' blogs like engadget and arstechnica with their auto-update live page.